Sunday, October 19, 2008


Our new uninvited and not so friendly guest. Yes, it is a tarantula spider.
Somehow this little guy must have known that Halloween was coming and the odds were in his favor. Perhaps believing that he could remain incognito amongst
the Hallo-season
décor . He almost had me too!!! I was walking into the laundry room and in the middle of the floor, there he sat. Not feeling the least bit alarmed I thought, "boy Isaiah has a really lifelike plastic spider". Then I proceeded to reach down to pick it up. Just then,........he moved!!!!! Someone should have coached him on how to act like a fake but realistic looking spider.

Rule #1 Don't stand alone in the middle of room at midnight, it can make you look quite suspicious and spider-like.

Rule #2 Don't move when positive sighting has occurred. This tends to insight fear among humans.

Rule #3 If for some reason you fail to follow both rules one and two, run like hell. Giant human women are not going to allow you to coexist in their homes with them and their children!!!

I am thankful at Jeff's quick response to my screams and the martini glass enclosure as I stood watch. I might add, had Mr. T been smart, he could have outran me. I must of somehow maintained a convincing poker face despite a rise in blood pressure. T
arantula's have both size and speed on their side, and are known world wide as a formidable opponent.

After taking our obligatory victory photos, Mr. T was released into the wilderness (over the back wall) and warned to never attempt to carry on this fruitless charade.












2 comments:

Jessica D. said...

Haha, Kim, this is such a funny story! Love Isaiah's expression in the pic! Woah that spider looks freaky! I would've ran screaming around the room had I been you, too.

I can't believe you almost picked it up! Gives me chills its so creepy!

Hope you update more, sis, your blogs are really funny!

Wheelos said...

Treacherous ! Until just recently Dana and I had a gigantic banana spider (you should google it—very exotic looking) who lived in our hedges for nearly a month—we called him Fred, and actually grew quite fond of him. ‘Tis the season!
Nice to see you up and blogging. Give our love kids.