Thursday, November 6, 2008

Evidence of DNA

Jess and I have been working on our Genetree.com page. It's a cool free website that you can organize your family tree in a neat visual way. We have been on a mission of finding pictures of ancestors on the web as well as correcting some information that has been passed down for sometime. Both she and I have been possessed with the genealogy bug you might say. Such as our much more prevalent and controversial Native American ancestry. I am still working on that one and I believe to finally resolve it I will need to have my mtDNA tested so we will know of which haplogroup we belong. Of course one of my sisters could also, as they contain the same mtDNA as well as our Mother. After looking at many pictures Jess and I believe that the boys in our family carry a very familiar look to that of our maternal side of the family. Click on the picture below and tell me if you think the tall boy looks like someone we know. This picture is of the Losee family, whose daughter (not pictured) married a Cox, whose daughter then married Orville Johnson, Gram's dad. I also think the little girls look like Dean's kids, even though I think he looks like John Blakely.



If anyone in the family wants to hook onto our Genetree.com page send me your email address at kimamarmar@hotmail.com.

4 comments:

studiocharm said...

Wow- the resemblance is astounding!! I am interested on having you add me. Thanks for chatting yesterday too . . . it was good to see you. I also appreciated the Halloween pictures.

Love,
Amy

Unknown said...

Hey Kim! Me and Jake were just talking about you and Jeff. We miss you! I was telling him how you and Jeff were the first ones in the family to make me feel at home since you are similar to my family (except your WAY funnier! haha) I just love you. I wish there was an eaier way to chat back and forth instead of just choosing a post to comment on. Anyway, keep in touch! :)

Jessica D. said...

Kim,

I've had so much doing genetree with you. We are gene tree addicts! Congrats btw on winning the free DNA test, you really were a die-hard gene-tree-er and you deserve it! Lets find out who else we're related to besides Pres. Bush, haha!


Oh, and FYI, you NEED to update your blog missy! Get with the program! LOL! Christmas is coming, I want to see new pics and read random stories (although I know we talk all the time, I'm just blog obsessed!)

Love you,
Jess

Jessica D. said...

Time to update your blog missy! Oh, and did you send in that DNA test you won from genetree yet? I want to hear all about the results!

Love ya,
Jess